Thursday, August 24, 2006

First of all, a big ol' Happy Everyone Gets Flowers but Rachel Day to all yall' out there!!! Here at the office where I am the receptionist, everyone is receiving huMONgous floral arrangements. EVERYONE except ME. Flowers directly delivered to you at work say, "Someone loves me this much!!! (count flowers) Where are your flowers?" I keep thinking and hoping that maybe someone thought of me and sent me an efflorescent display of affection, though it's not a special occasion, so I have no foundation to expect any such display, aside from really wanting one. As bouquet after brilliant, rapturously fragrant bouquet keep getting delivered (for other people), my hope rises and little higher and ends up a little more crushed.

Just now, the phone rang. It was a woman double-checking our address so she could send her sister flowers. DEAR GOD!!!
















My face as more flowers for "everyone and their mom" arrive in our office.


I have a flair for the dramatic- it's actually not as bad as all that. In fact, my sweet and considerate boyfriend just bought me roses the other day, completely without external suggestion on mine or anyone else's part. Seriously, though, if you're reading this and you know me, please, for the love of all things good, send me some flowers immediately.

0 comments: