Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A pointless post

I'm sitting at my desk eating carrots and sugar snap peas. The phone keeps ringing right when I bite off a chunk of carrot and it's getting a little ridiculous. I feel so healthy this morning- fresh vegetables, yogurt, water ... vanilla latte ... My leftovers for lunch, however, are not so healthy. I made absolutely the best pesto pizza last night with ricotta and mozzarella cheese, chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and zucchini; salad on the side, and Stephen bought red wine. I'm enjoying my healthy morning because Stephen's mom is flying in and tonight he's taking us out to a nice steak resteraunt.

I could be doing something more productive, like studying or reading the news... but I'm not. I'm blogging in between phone calls. Tomorrow I'll try to post a review for the book I just finished, The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls.

FAST FORWARD 6 HOURS

I get so busy during the day. It goes from being dead-silent (aside from the nasal, whining voice of Hardball's Chris Matthews and his irate guests, streaming continually through my conciousness from our wall TV), to being completely and totally nuts. The other day I was in the middle of writing an email to someone, and the phone rang. After that it just snowballed; I didn't get back to the email for 45 minutes. I guess I didn't really say anything of consequence today, but hopefully someone more bored than me was entertained ever so briefly by this pointless post.

0 comments: