Tuesday, December 05, 2006

a kingdom aligned mind

My pastor is doing a sermon series on "A Kingdom Aligned Mind", and God is stirring up my heart. I'm feeling challenged to change my mental habits and honor God with my idle words.

There is a pattern in my falling:
1. I stop communicating with God, usually because of busyness, unrepentant sin, or negligence.
2. My discernment is weakened and I begin to feel apathetic and far from God.
3. Negative circumstances arise in my life and I feel overwhelmed by my helplessness against them.
4. I mentally agree with the lies satan is throwing at me.
5. Satan gains a stronghold.

The power of agreement is a curious and undeniable thing. Examine your own life and see how influential your thought life is! When I agree with the word of God, and stand on it, my perspective is changed. I create access for God to work in my life if I am believing His word, what He says about me, His promises, etc. Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks, and our words have a tremendous power. Matthew 16:19 says,

'I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.'

Matthew 18:18 says the same thing. I want to speak life, and healing, and joy! I want to have sharp discernment and boldness! I want angels and demons to move when I pray! As heirs with Christ, we have an authority and a power in the spirit. You don't have to be a missionary or a pastor to minister to people. Thinking and speaking in a righteous manner will minister to the people around you and it will galvanize your own heart. As I am transformed by the renewing of my mind, I am transforming the world around me.

1 comments:

Amy said...

that's cool. i love those verses